Blackstrap Molasses Breakfast Cookies
These healthy blackstrap molasses cookies are made with creamy peanut butter and rolled oats. They taste like a decadent treat, but are healthy enough to munch on any time of day!
Molasses has many benefits in the diet being a source of:
- vitamin B6
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 8 mins
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup – blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups – rolled oats gluten free if needed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together banana, peanut butter, blackstrap molasses and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in rolled oats, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in peanuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from baking sheets.