Chicken Noodle Soup
There’s no better way to warm up on a chilly day, fight a cold or fever or simply boost your immune system coming into Spring, than to with a Chicken Noodle Soup. You can make this soup with regular broth or stock, but to upgraded your soup and give it ever more bug fighting power, we’d recommend adding Ossa’s Chicken Bone Broth. It’s utterly delicious and nutritious.
Serves 4 - 6 depending on serving size
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 45 mins
Use organic vegetables where possible for added goodness.
- ½ tbsp grass fed fat, Ghee or Tallow
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 500g of organic chicken
- 1 cup gluten free rice noodles
- 2 x 500ml chicken stock or bone broth
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan brown chicken meat with The Tallow/ Ghee and set to one side.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion, carrot, and celery. Cook and stir until the veggies begin to soften.
- Add rosemary, thyme, ginger, and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken bone broth, turmeric, and the bay leaf. Stir.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the potatoes and chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the potato softens.
- Add the egg noodles and simmer for 6 more minutes until the noodles are done.
- Remove from heat, and remove herb sprigs and bay leaf. Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with dried thyme and a lemon wedge.
Recipe shared with kind permission of ossaorganic.com