Chicken & Veggie Curry
Many of us love curry but did you know that the average Chicken Tikka Masala takeaway has about 1500 calories? Here is the recipe for our Chicken and Veggie Curry that is just as delicious but is also nutritious and packed with beneficial ingredients.
- ginger = anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory
- turmeric = anti-inflammatory
- cumin = phytonutrients, anti-cancer
- garlic = anti-microbial
- cardamom = anti-microbial
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 25 - 30 mins
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 red onion – chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – grated
- ½ – 1 red chilli – chopped finely (include seeds if you like heat)
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp medium curry powder
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan
- Add the onion, ginger, chilli and all the spices with a decent splash of water and cook for 1 min.
- Add the red pepper, chicken and cauliflower and cook for another 5 mins until softened and cooked through.
- Add tomatoes plus 100ml water.
- Simmer for 15 mins until the chicken is cooked.
- If the sauce is too thin, turn up the heat to reduce it.
- Finally add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve in bowls.