Feta, Tomato & Coriander Dip
This light and refreshing dip is easy to prepare for a wide variety of occasions. If possible use organic ingredients to maximise nutrients, flavour and freshness.
The benefits of tomatoes are amazing, bursting with the immune boosting antioxidant lycopene and vitamins C, all essential and excellent as anti cancer and anti heart disease ingredients.
Coriander provides colour, adds texture and fibre which supports digestion and has remarkable anti-inflammatory properties, keeping cholesterol in check and blood sugar balanced.
Not forgetting the wonderful benefits of olive oil as unsaturated essential vegetable fat. Full of potent plant compounds that help reduce inflammation, especially minimising the risk of heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
Serves 2 - 4
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time None
- 4-5 large tomatoes
- 1 bunch of coriander, washed thoroughly
- 2-4 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 200g feta cheese
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- Peel the tomatoes – to save time, soak them in boiling water the night before, until the skin feels loose around the tomato.
- Remove tomato seeds and for best results use only the fleshy pink tomato segments.
- Add the feta cheese and gently combine, adding a little tomato puree and olive oil as you go until the perfect dip consistency is reached.
- Finally, top with the chopped coriander and tomato pieces (optional).
- Serve cool or at room temperature with wholemeal pitta pockets or crudité vegetables if you are on a Wheat Free / Low Fodmap Diet Plan.