This fudge is so delicious it’s hard to believe it’s healthy. Try it with a warming cup of herbal tea, or as an ‘after dinner’ treat. Packed with nuts, dried fruit and dark chocolate, it’s tasty so we know it’ll be hard, but try to limit to 2 pieces 3 times per week!
Serves Approx. 30 pieces
Prep time 10 - 15 mins
Cook time Chill for 3 – 4 hours
- 85g pecans
- 85g walnuts
- 85g almonds
- 200g DF dark chocolate
- 50g ‘No sugar’ cranberries
- Zest from 1 orange
- Juice from 1⁄2 orange
- 150g pitted dates
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g light tahini
- Grind nuts in high speed processor until fine.
- Add cinnamon and cranberries.
- Put chocolate in pan with tahini and melt over low heat.
- Place dates and melted chocolate in processor, add the orange juice and zest and process to form a thick paste like consistency.
- Place all the mixture in a lined 20cm shallow square tin and press down firmly.
- Chill for 3 – 4 hours until hard.
- Cut into very small 2.5 cm squares.
- 1 snack portion = 2 squares.