Mixed Berry Chia Muffins
These muffins contain collagen peptides which are great for the skin and gut health. The bananas provide fibre in the form of pectin and the berries are high in antioxidants. The coconut oil has antimicrobial properties and the almond flour is high in good fats and vitamin E, also good for the skin. Chia seeds are nutrient-rich seeds and are high in α-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid), fibre, protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and are known to be a superfood. A healthy treat to be enjoyed by the whole family.
Vegetarian / Gluten free
Serves 8 - 10
Prep time 20 - 22 mins
Cook time 8 mins
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 scoops collagen peptides
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup rough-chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a muffin pan with paper or silicone liners or grease a muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another mixing bowl until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Then pour on to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in the berries and chia seeds.
- Pour the batter into muffin pan and place the pan into the oven.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out completely clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool before serving.