Nut Crusted Fish
This dish is tasty, nutritious and filling. It’s also perfect for those with SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 30 mins
- 2 salmon or cod fillets
- 2 peppers (preferably 1 red and 1 yellow) chopped
- into chunks.
- 1 courgette sliced
- Butternut squash – chunks
- 1 red onion chopped into chunks
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp almonds crushed
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 1800c.
- Put peppers, courgettes, butternut squash and onions on a baking tray. Season with black pepper and drizzle oil over.
- Beat the egg in bowl, add lemon zest, dill, almonds and ground almonds. Mix well.
- Remove vegetables from oven after 10 minutes and place the salmon on top, leaving gap between each fillet.
- Spoon the nut crumb mixture evenly over each fillet and return to oven for another 15 – 20 minutes being careful not to overcook as can dry out.