Our Favourite Green Smoothie
We love this nutritious energy-boosting smoothie recipe for a speedy breakfast, post workout boost or to take as a snack on the go. Rice milk is a great source of vitamin B, which is essential to boost your metabolism. It also offers balanced nutrition for those unable to tolerate other dairy or nut milk alternatives and is cholesterol free.
Prep time 10
Cook time N/A
- 300ml rice milk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 large handful of fruit of your choice – pineapple, apple, mango – approx 70g
- 1 handful of spinach, approx 50g 1 tsp chia seeds
- 50ml filtered water – optional
- 1/4 tsp of spirulina or vegan protein powder – for an added boost
- Don’t add ice, add frozen fruit instead to create a fresh undiluted taste.
- Smoothies are a great way to use up over-ripe bananas – peel, slice and freeze them then use straight from the freezer.
- Add all the ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drink immediately for maximum nutritional benefit.