Paleo Blueberry Muffins
This recipe is the perfect wheat free baking treat with fresh fruit and a lower gluten content.
- Almonds are high in vitamin E and Selenium contain healthy fats and act as a pre-biotic.
- Eggs are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper.
- The berries are packed with antioxidants and phyto-flavinoids and are also high in potassium and vitamin C.
- Coconut oil is high in healthy fatty acids, can be beneficial to heart health, may encourage fat burning and can have antimicrobial effects.
Prep time 10 - 15 mins
Cook time 20 – 25 mins
- 200g fine almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 160C and grease or line muffin tin
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then fold in blueberries
- Using a large scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full
- Bake for 20—25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool on wire rack