Slow Cooked Bone Broth Beef Stew
This slow cooker stew is the perfect winter dish. All the ingredients are on our approved list and it’s quick and easy to prep and leave to cook until you’re ready. So why not pop it all in the pot and head out for a walk and some fresh air. Then when you return you can enjoy a warm and nourishing meal.
Gluten free / Paleo
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 6 hours (slow cook time)
- 900g beef
- 300g carrots, chopped
- 300g sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 150g onion, diced
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 – 8 cups bone broth or beef stock
We recommend the delicious Ossa Broths – www.ossaorganics.com
- Heat a large heavy-based pan with olive or coconut oil. Once the oil is hot add the meat and let the outside brown for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the meat to a slow cooker with all of the other ingredients and cook on high for about 5 hours or on low for 8 – 9 hours.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and the bay leaf and serve.
Enjoy!This recipe was reproduced with kind permission from Jessie Heggan www.jessiskitchen.com