Wheat Free Banana Bread
This is a great wheat free and tasty cake alternative. The almond flour and almond butter add nutritional benefits such as healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. Bananas are high in vitamins and minerals, especially potassium. Potassium is one of the most important electrolytes in the body, helping to regulate heart function as well as fluid balance – a key factor in regulating blood pressure. Bananas are high in pectin, which is a soluble fibre, soothing to the gastrointestinal tract, lowering cholesterol and normalising bowel function.
Vegetarian / Gluten free
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 35 mins
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp 100% maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 180º.
- Line with baking paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in large bowl.
- Add in the eggs, almond butter and maple syrup/honey. Mix together well.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, sea salt).
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the chocolate chips, keeping a few aside to place on top.
- Pour batter into the bread tin.
- Add the extra chocolate chips on top and bake for 35 minutes.
- Completely cool before cutting.