We test with the best
Quality testing for precise results.
The Maas Clinic focuses not only on treating your symptoms but also looking for key insights to discover the root cause of your concerns. Whether you suffer from allergies, debilitating aches and pains or you simply want to improve your health and wellbeing, we can help.
To ensure we find the best treatment, we perform a range of diagnostic tests to find out exactly what is causing your symptoms.
Our point-of-care laboratory.
At The Maas Clinic we are proud to be in the unique position as the only Functional Medicine clinic with an in house point-of-care laboratory. Our lab is fully equipped to conduct full blood count chemistry, cholesterol and several other diagnostic tests.
The results can be available for us to analyse within the hour.
This enables us to expertly use your results to immediately inform the strategy of your treatment moving forward.
To help you better understand the process of your comprehensive functional assessment we’ve explained some of the procedures and tests below.
- Clinical microscopy focuses on the detailed analysis of your blood with the aid of a microscope. The microscope allows us to see your red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, certain bacteria, and fungal markers.
- To do this we take a small drop of blood from your finger and then place it under the microscope.
- Observing and analysing your blood in this way helps us better understand your health and dietary requirements, and gives us the valuable information we need to devise the best programme to help improve your blood quality and, in turn, your overall health.
Biochemistry and physiology
Understanding the body as a whole and how it is inter-related is an important factor of any treatment process. We use the following biochemistry and physiology tests to create a complete picture of how your body is functioning.
- Blood chemistry panel – basic haematology to assess your liver enzymes, pancreatic, kidney and bile function, adrenal function, calcium and magnesium levels and overall hydration
- Total cholesterol panel – checks your anabolic and catabolic tendencies, as well as revealing any fungal indicators
- Urine-analysis/Reams testing – to detect any urinary tract infections, diabetes and kidney disorders and identify any electro-biochemical dysfunctions within your body
- Heart rate variability – tracking these variables to help us understand and optimise your recovery
- Blood pressure – standing and resting
- Body temperature
- Weight and body fat percentage
- Pulse rates
Our testing partners
As well as our in house lab, we also use cutting edge international laboratories. These carefully selected laboratory partners help us delve even deeper and find the answers we need to create a bespoke programme specifically for you. We trust these partners to give us precise and specific results first time and every time.
Here are just some of those partners.
Precision Analytical USA, is a CLIA certified laboratory run by a small team of dedicated scientists with combined experience of over 50 years.
- They help us find answers to complex clinical questions that affect our client everyday lives.
- Their unique hormone testing and reporting methods create tools for us to explore any hormone issues you may be having.
Analytical Research Labs USA are one of the most respected and experienced leaders in the hair tissue mineral analysis field.
- They integrate stress, oxidation types, mineral relationships and their effects on your health.
- They also measure mineral levels and ratios against an ideal standard of health rather than an average range used by many other labs.
Invivo Labs bring together a range of disciplines
– molecular biology, immunology, pharmacy, naturopathy, anthropology and ecology.
- They provide diagnostic testing to analyse the microbiome. As we understand more about the interdependent role of the human microbiome, genetics, the environment, nutrition and human health, this data is essential in helping us create a programme to get you back to long-term wellness.
- And importantly, they are a carbon neutral and certified B corporation.
Lifecode Gx® applies the latest genomics science to enable a preventative, proactive and personalised approach to health.
- They offer a range of specialist nutrigenomics DNA test panels which inform us on how any inherited health risks you may have, can be reduced through personalised nutrition and lifestyle change.
- Genotype results are presented in the context of nutrition and other environmental factors, such as sleep, stress, physical activity and chemicals, that may influence them.
The Doctors Laboratory UK is the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK.
- Their information is essential for us to make a precise diagnosis and devise treatment options of many medical disorders.
- They provide us with a comprehensive library of laboratory testing, allowing us to run very bespoke and specific tests for each of our clients.
Genova Diagnostics is the global leader in medical diagnostic testing.
- They are a fully accredited medical laboratory, offering more than 125 specialized diagnostic assessments, covering a wide range of physiological areas including nutritional, digestive, immunology, metabolic function and endocrinology.*
- By carefully understanding how your genes react to certain nutrients and substances, we can clearly define the underlying problems, make the needed changes and help you improve and maintain your health.