Laurens is a Doctor of Integrated Medicine (USA) and eminent Osteopath. He has over 25 years’ experience and is a leader in the field of Functional and Integrated Medicine.
Laurens is truly passionate about what he does. He has qualified in several fields of practice and is constantly striving to expand his already extensive knowledge and expertise, not just for the benefit his clients but also for his family’s health and wellbeing.
Using his own blend of Eastern and Western philosophies of healing he has created The Maas Method – a combination of Functional Medicine and Bio Physics. This enables him to design bespoke programmes that perfectly fuse holistic therapies and treatment with scientific testing and analysis, all working towards optimal health and wellness for his clients.
“We look at lifestyle, hormones and gut in great detail and build bespoke recovery programmes for each client. Our approach is 100% scientific, however our application is 100% natural. This in combination with the successful implementation of new dietary and lifestyle modifications can create wonderful results.”
Laurens is a passionate advocate that if you ‘live healthy’, you ‘live happy’ and this shows not just in every client interaction he has, but also in the choices he makes for his own health and wellbeing. Not least as an accomplished surfer.
So it was with great personal and professional pleasure that in 2005 Laurens signed his first pro surfer Kelly Slater and this kick started his drive to work with many more professional athletes.
“This is a different angle on optimal health. These clients are not sick, they desire and strive for excellent health and peak performance. We aim to take burnt out athletes and get them back to the top of their professional game.”
Kelly Slater 11 x World Surf champion has been his client for the past 12 years, throughout his time competing on the professional surf circuit. Laurens initially supported him to his 7th World title and they’ve been working together on and off ever since.
In early 2017 Laurens signed Stephanie Gilmore 6x World Surf champion. She had not won a world title in 4 years and was keen to radically change that situation. In the first year working with Laurens, she moved up from 6th to 2nd place and in 2018 she won her 7th world title. What’s next? We hope for more success in Japan in 2020, where Surfing will make its Olympic debut.
Between 2018 and 2020, Laurens also worked with Jordy Smith, the number 1 surfer in South Africa.
Academic and practical studies
- Bachelor of Science – B.Sc. Osteopathy G.Os.C- British School of Osteopathy – UK 1993
- BEST – Clinical Applications of Bio Energetics – Bio Meridian Inc – USA 1998
- Basic & Advanced Biological Terrain Assessment – Biological Technologies International – USA 2000
- Level 1 Cranio Sacral Therapy – Upledger Institute Florida 2001
- Level 2 Cranio Sacral Therapy – Upledger Institute Florida 2002
- Certification in Nutrition & Herbology – British Institute of Homeopathy – UK 2002
- Diploma in Homeopathy Medicine – British Institute of Homeopathy – UK 2004
- Biological Terrain Testing – Concepts & Methodologies for Research Applications
- BioMedx Research & Training Institute – USA 2002
- BioMedx Research & Training Institute – USA 2003
- Clinical Microscopy & Blood Cell Analysis in Biological Medicine
- Certification In Ondamed Biofeedback Systems Training – Ondamed – New York USA 2005
- Homotoxicology for Intermediate & Advanced Practitioners – New York 2007
- Certification as Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming- NLP Groups International – USA 2008 – 2009
- Licensed Provisional Trainer in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Functional Medicine University, FDM Practitioner 2008 – 2009
- HCG Diet Practitioner, IAPAM USA, 2011
- Registered Member International Association of Physicians in Aesthetic Medicine
- Kalish Method Practitioner 2011 / 2012 / 2013
- Integrated Medical Doctorate, Univ. of Nat.Med. Calif. USA 2017