Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This creamy vegan curry is one of the best meat free curries we’ve ever tasted and it’s full of hearty and healthy ingredients.
- The iron, calcium, and other nutrients in chickpeas can all contribute to healthy bone structure and strength.
- Coconut milk nutrition contains beneficial fat called lauric acid. Lauric acid is a medium-chain fatty acid that’s easily absorbed and used by the body for energy. It also provides electrolytes and supports energy production.
- Cumin supports healthy digestion, and contains a surprising high level of iron.
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 35 mins
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion – chopped
- 2 medium tomato – chopped
- salt + pepper
- 1 tin chickpeas (tinned, drained)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 small lime
- In a deep pan over medium high heat, add oil.
- Add in the onion and tomato.
- Grind some sea salt and black pepper over the mixture and stir together.
- Lower heat to medium and allow to cook down, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, garlic, Garam masala, curry powder and cumin and stir.
- Add in the coconut milk and stir.
- Dissolve cornflour in a little water and add to curry which helps to slightly thicken the curry.
- Bring the curry to a boil, then reduce to medium / low to simmer for 10—12 mins.
- Remove the curry from the heat and squeeze a lime lightly over it.
- Allow to cool slightly and then serve with cauliflower rice, or try it with a grated carrot for extra texture, added sweetness and some crunch.