The Maas Clinic Oregano Chimichurri
This delicious oregano chimichurri is fantastic with steak, fish and chicken – especially so if the protein has been BBQd. You can also enjoy the chimichurri with eggs, or as a snack over crackers. Our go-tos are the Naturitas gluten free dairy free cassava crackers
Health benefits: this oregano chimichurri recipe can lend the body a helping hand when processing a gentle candida and bacteria scrub. At The Maas Clinic we are fans of a moderate approach to detoxing and ‘bug scrubs’. Gently and successfully is our approach. NB: an intense quick detox is a large ask for the body, we do not – as a rule – recommend ‘hard and fast’ detoxes to our clients.
Serves Approx 8 - 10 portions
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time No applicable
1 tomato (seeds scooped out)
1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan rock salt
1 clove fresh crushed garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar (ACV is preferable if you have it)
250ml olive oil
1/4 squeezed lemon
Zest of one lemon
1 tsp chilli flakes
A note on ingredients: wherever possible we recommend using organic ingredients, as they will not add to the body’s toxic load via pesticides. In particular, when grating the zest of a lemon, it’s advisable to do so only when the lemon is organic. Similarly, table salt, otherwise known as iodised salt, is not advisable. We recommend using sea salt or Himalayan rock salt only.
- Chop all green herbs finely by hand, texture is great so don’t worry about precision
- Add the oils, vinegar, garlic, chilli flakes, salt and lemon to a mixing bowl
- Mix all ingredients together for a few minutes ensuring everything is well combined
- Taste and fine tune the flavour to your preference – NB: over 1 – 2 days the flavours will become deeper, be mindful of this when making flavour adjustments
- place in an airtight glass container and refrigerate for 1 hour before consuming – if you can wait that long!